Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Sparring Wednesdays!  
Independent Blog Post #1

At my karate studio, Wednesdays are sparring days! Since my topic focuses on the sparring aspect of karate, if you take a look at my mentorship, most of the days that I'm at the studio are Wednesdays. This is because, they are great days to practice and fight other students who have their sparring gear. Although on Wednesdays, I typically beat on little kids for a while in the afternoon, later on at night the intensive fighting between the black belts happens. This is really aggressive as opposed to the non-black belt fighting. It's two different worlds. Black belts throw punches and kicks harder than they usually do, and although there is still control, and good sportsmanship, each black belt pushes each other by making sparring a challenge. I  personally enjoy coming home super sore from getting kicked in the ribs and punched everywhere, it's what makes karate, karate, and it also conditions my body to take damage. With the practice that I get on Wednesdays, I not only stay fit, but I also prepare myself, and learn firsthand about my essential question.

No comments:

Post a Comment