Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Independent Blog Post 9: MMA Classes

     The karate studio I do mentorship at also offer mixed martial arts (commonly known as MMA) classes. Due to the fact that I am on very good terms with the owner of the studio, he allows me to jump into the MMA classes and sometimes even teach it. Because of this, my my basis of fighting knowledge has expanded greatly. MMA has many different techniques from karate, and having the opportunity to do both makes me feel very lucky. The basic differences of the styles are fairly simple. Karate focuses of strikes and forms, while MMA focuses on grappling and conditioning. Together these styles compliment each other and it helps to know both.


MMA Examples
Boys grappling match.

Girls grappling match. 

No comments:

Post a Comment