Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Independent Blog Post 2:
    
      Today I finished my 2-Hour, now the only thing left to do is to do my independent blog posts. Unluckily for me I stuck with the Ipoly mantra of procrastination. Due to that I have 9 blogs to catch up with the day before. Luckily for me, I have a lot of karate experiences I can share with the blog. 

This recent experience is one that taught me how to prioritize. Pretty much, I wasn't being very avid with my mentorship by not showing up to the studio very often. In turn, when my mentor saw me next he had a task for me that was completely unrelated to karate. I had to clean the grime off of tires. I had no say in whether or not I wanted to do it, I was just told to do it. This served as a punishment for not showing up to the studio. After I finished cleaning the tires, my mentor pulled me to the side for a lecture. He told me that he didn't care that I wasn't showing up to teach, because other black belts can do it. He stated that what bothered him was the fact that I didn't act like karate was important as a priority. From then on he wanted me to treat it like a job, meaning to call in when I couldn't go, as well as put it on top of my list of requirements. 


No comments:

Post a Comment