Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Independent Blog Post 4: 

      One experience I had during competition was beating a highly respected fighter. During competition I had went to a tournament that I sparred in. In the first round, I dispatched a tae-kwon-do fighter, and was set to fight my second match. Unfortunately for me the second fighter I was fighting was one of my peers, as well as a fighter that had placed 5th in nationals the year before. I was out of luck. Going into the match, I promised to try my best, and with this the match begun. In the blink of an eye, I was already down in points one to zero. Then a miraculous thing happened. I caught on to his fighting style. He attacked, and I threw and landed a defensive kick putting me up 2-1. Again, he attacked, and again I threw a kick connecting with his head this time, 4-1. I was in a great situation, and planned to run the clock out, and because he was in a bad situation, he needed to be aggressive. As soon as he attacked once again, I connected once again making me the victor 6-1. I completely dominated. Although I lost my next match due to fatigue and bad stamina, I still believe this experience was a great one. I ended up with a 2nd place, but to me I had a 1st.

Match 1

Match 2 Head kick.

Match 2 Victory dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment